Saturday, December 09, 2006

Accident Report

No, I didn't get in a car wreck or anything like that. Eddie and I went out riding at a local trail and I decided to break out a harder gear for the SS since I've been riding the same gear I use in the mountains on all the local flatter stuff and I feel wimpy. So pretty early on into the ride there was this sort of steep section of trail with a turn to the left and a big root in it. Of course I have this talent of picking the hardest line possible so I am about to climb over this big root but my front wheel had something to say about that. The next thing I know I'm going down in slow motion...it hurt a little bit but I shrugged it off and went on. About 30 minutes later Eddie says "what happened to your leg?" I look down and almost fainted, there was blood everywhere. Gross. I can't believe I actually thought I could be a doctor at one point, I can't stand the sight of my own blood. I got a nice 1.5 inch gash on my left thigh so we started to make our way to the Ranger Station for some first aid. They were really nice there and cleaned me up and gave me a big band-aid and several for the road. Then they asked me to file an accident report, it was kind of funny. Too bad we forgot the camera...it was quite an ordeal. Luckily I was able to keep riding. I'm sure I will have another nice scar to add to the collection...but scars are cool, right. Too bad Hot Breath Harry and his counterpart weren't able to join us today, it was a lovely day on the trail, leaves and all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Push the bone back in and walk it off. You will be fine.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Scars better be cool or I'm in trouble.

Glad that you are OK!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home