Sunday, March 30, 2008

georgia marathon weekend

the marathon is over! it was freezing outside...40 degrees and cloudy. i was dressed in my beyond clothing which kept me as warm as possible for having to stand around in the wind by the finish line. unfortunately, i couldn't feel my hands at all, though.

eddie dropped me off at 6:30am because i had to carry a bunch of stuff to the race. however, i was able to have someone else take it home so i decided to run back home after i was done working. it was funny, the first 3/4 mile or so, i was running opposite of the racers on the course. these were all people that would finish the marathon in 5:00 or so...and never ever have i seen so many people crying in a race!! if they weren't crying, it looked like they were about to. i, on the other hand, had a very enjoyable run home..it was only 45 minutes or so, but it felt good to do something. i'm thinking that running is not bad as long as you have a destination.

recovery week is over..just as the weather has gotten cold and the rain has moved in for the week. i did sign eddie and myself up for a 13 hour mountain bike race this coming weekend, though, it better not get rained out!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Musto said...

I would be bawling like a baby if I was on my 5th hour of running too.

And I would for sure be walking by that point...maybe even crawling.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home