Wednesday, February 18, 2009

random thoughts

I rode my fixie yesterday for the first time on a training ride. It was such a different (pleasant and not stressful) experience from riding it in Atlanta traffic...anyway, I got thinking about training, and started to realize how lucky I am. Not only do I have one of the best coaches in the whole country, I am able to learn more about athletes and sports nutrition from one of the best people in the world everyday. There is so much out there that is being researched, especially in endurance athletes, it's fascinating. As if that wasn't good enough, I have access to the knowledge and systems of Wobble-naught and Dartfish video analysis. It makes no sense that athletes in other sports go out and constantly refine technique, but (relatively) so few cyclists and mountain bikers care to work on pedaling technique and form. Eddie has gotten very good at what he's doing with the fitting and video analysis, I'm very impressed with the way he's come to articulate what the body is really doing and what the rider really needs to focus on to produce more power. And if that still was not enough, I'm so fortunate to be riding with one of the best mountain bike teams in the world. I still can't believe it, and I'm really excited to get on with the racing this year. So anyway, I guess my point is that I'm really lucky to have all these tools to help me through training and racing. Does this mean that I'm actually going to win a national championship race? Uh...I wish. I still have way too many day jobs...but I can keep trying! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger My name is Stephen said...

And that is what will put you on top eventually, you keep trying!!!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

aw, thanks

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home