Sunday, May 21, 2006

24 hours of....

Fetching? So it's not really a sport, but if it were, my dog would be champion. He spent all 24+ hours at the Granny Gear race fetching his tennis ball. I'm not sure what his secret is, I guess Eddie's been secret training him well to be a superstar endurance athlete. Or maybe the secret is the lamb and rice diet and I should forget all this hi-tec fuel. Jackson was the only one that did not want to sleep all night. During:







And, after:



What a great race despite the low turnout of the first year event at Conyers. The solo women were absolutely amazing--I'll be doing my 2nd ever solo 24 hour at the BURN 24 hour Challenge next weekend and they really provided me some much needed inspiration. Eddie came in a very impressive 2nd to Ernesto, but I'll let him tell the rest of the story when he finally wakes up. All I can say is that I'm so proud of him for several reasons, he is truly an amazing athlete and person and I can only hope to make him as proud of me as I am of him. Here's a (really bad) podium shot.



So we'll see what I can do next weekend! There will be another strong field of solo female racers, and my training has suffered some setbacks this year but I will sure go out and give it all I have. It's all about the experience and I can't wait. If there is a kind soul that wants to help with support, I won't turn it down. Right now I have no dedicated pit crew, but I will manage...it would be nice to have any help I can get, though!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck at Burn, Nam! I know you'll do great. Maybe we can ride at Dauset sometime in June!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Tell Eddie congrats. He did a super job. I kept checking the results online. See ya this weekend!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

Mallie - thanks! I actually just got back from Dauset, rode 4 hours (mostly because I got lost..again!) Good stuff, man is it hot though.

Danielle - thanks, I will tell him, well you can tell him too next weekend :-)

Time to start the race prep!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home