Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sidelined

I was looking forward to completing the 100 miler this weekend. Despite my accident last week, I was able to get in some good riding during, even on my SS. My back was still bothering me in the area of my lower ribs on the left side so I decided to get a massage, knowing 100 miles with a lot of climbing could really hurt if my back was knotted up. Unfortunately I waited until Thursday evening to get one, and it might have been too much. I was really sore on Thursday night and tried to use the foam roller and stretch...bad idea..as I stretched my back I felt a large *pop* in my left lower back. I hardly got any sleep Thursday night and tried desparately to find a quick fix on Friday but it wasn't going to happen and I had to bail from the race. I have the Pisgah MTB Adventure Race in two weeks, and the BURN 24 hour in 5 weeks so I couldn't risk making anything worse. I decided to go up with Eddie anyway and ended up volunteering at a SAG stop. I am glad I went because I was able to see lots of friends, familiar faces, and meet a lot of really cool people. Thank goodness I can use my race entry for next year. Now I just have to be patient and get better once and for all, I'm going on 4 days off the bike now and I hate it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Take care of yourself Nam. Don't try to rush. You've had a run of bad luck, but it's bound to lift soon and you'll be on your way to some great results at lots of future events.

4:20 AM  
Blogger jeff said...

rest is a slow death. sorry you have to bear it.

thanks again for being out there on the course. it was great seeing you at aid station 3.

you mentioned having a pic as we (garth, mark, etc) climbed-up to the aid station? that'd be sweet to see. the last good moment before it all went so wrong.

heal-up, best of luck at the source burn! we enjoyed meeting you guys - jeff

1:42 PM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

It was nice meeting you and thanks again for your help. I was pretty darn whacked out at that aid station :-)

Take care!
Danielle

PS. I linked you too!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home