Monday, March 05, 2007

55nine team camp

What a great weekend in the mountains. It was relaxing, actually, maybe too relaxing!

We arrived later than we wanted to on Friday, and were able to squeeze in a couple hours on the road. I was in a big calorie deficit even before we started and I basically crawled up and down, and finally back to the house.

Saturday was awesome, I was feeling much better and Eddie and I got in close to 6 hours riding many of the roads in and near the 6-gap century route. Afterwards, we went to the Crimson Moon, where we had our Rehearsal Party the night before our wedding. It's a cute little place in the Dahlonega square with a good wine and beer list too.

Well, Saturday night wasn't so good. I woke up in the middle of the night..several times...ugh stomach virus. I barely got any sleep and on Sunday I barely had energy to get out of bed let alone ride a bike. Eddie was very kind and once I was sure there was nothing else he could do, he went on his ride as planned..mountain biking with the dogs. I was bummed, it was supposed to be my final ride on my green Unit 2-9. Instead, I spent the entire day on the couch sipping gatorade and staring at this:



Ahh...I could get used to the life in the mountains. So I didn't get in all the hours on the bike that I was hoping for, but luckily I feel better today and I'm trying to make up for a whole day with almost no calories. I plan to get back on the bike tomorrow, and start building my new bike for this weekend's race.

Unfortunately, I didn't really take any pics this weekend, but here's one of Porter pretending to be the court jester

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad your illness was a short one. I'm on day six of the worst cold I've ever had. Haven't been off the couch or out of bed for more than a few minutes since middle of last week.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Hey Namrita ...
Shoot me an email when you get a chance, I want to ask a few Q's about how long it took you to adjust after the Wobble Naught fit and I can't manage to find your email addy ...
wookienayATyahoo.com
-renee

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home