Monday, August 27, 2007

Note to self:

Cut extra steerer tube length off.

I had an uplanned knee + steerer tube meeting yesterday which resulted in the steerer tube taking a nice chunk out of my knee..gross.

While we are talking about yesterday....I will just go ahead and say it..it kicked my ass. Eddie and I had both been itching to go up to the mountains and ride somewhere other than the Fools Gold route area. We packed up and headed to Ellijay to ride the Pinhoti trail system. I've ridden these trails countless times, but yesterday it hurt. I hope it was my gearing, and not that I've lost any fitness I've gained this year. I think I may have actually popped a blood vessel on one of the steep pitches. Did I mention there were some steep pitches?

It's a good thing I'm not going to Shenandoah, because after yesterday's ride..I'm not sure I would finish Shenandoah in any respectable time. That's right, I'm not going. Unfortunately, we are not in any financial (and I'm obviously not in any physical) condition to go race it this year. I swear, I'm going next year!!!

Instead, I've got some local Dicky-unapproved lap races on my schedule (AND FIREWATER 50!!) in September to hopefully build some endurance and fitness back in my well rested legs. They are all relatively close to home and much cheaper to race. Unfortunately, that has to be the deciding factor in the rest of my racing this year. It's actually been since before 24 hour Nationals that I've done any structured training. Then again, that was the highlight of my year and I didn't really have any racing goals beyond that. Right now, I'm just going to try to enjoy the last several races of the year because I am in no rush to begin the offseason boredom of base and cross-training. Well, I am excited about the beer festival season that is coming up, though!! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger chocolate girl said...

Sorry 'bout the knee:(
Hope you're feeling better. You ride like an animal, I doubt you've lost anything. I wish I had half your fitness, young lady. See you at FW50!!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger cathi said...

put this one on your calendar for next year: http://www.southernbrewersfest.org/

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch! No mishaps on my first real ride on the SS 29er. I did scrape my arm on a tree or two, and I messed up a few climbs by not getting enough momentum. But you were right...I loved it.

Hitting Dauset on Friday if you're interested.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

L---you're crazy, first of all.

Hey, that's cool that you have a blog!! I will link you :)

5:50 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

Cathi--that looks AWESOME!! Too bad I missed it this year. Looks like a must-do for 2008 :)

5:50 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

Mallie,

I'll actually be at Santos, thanks for the invite though.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home