Friday, August 08, 2008

another great quote..

this time from my hubby
I wish more racers would get this: The world owes you nothing. You have to earn it just like everyone else. Be creative, but you better have something to offer before you go asking for hand outs. This goes for sponsorship, race entries and most anything.

well, things are insanely busy around here trying to get last minute details tied up for the Fool's Gold...prizes and swag are piling up at our door..there is going to be some sweet stuff given out this year. all the pre-registered folks get dibs, so you chance missing out on it if you wait to register onsite. wait until you see what you'll get from TWIN SIX!!!

so far, we have one woman racing, Cheryl Sorenson from Trek. Not sure if Trish Stevenson will show. I got the nod to go ahead and race this time so I think I will do just that. I will still be wo-manning the registration table on Friday so hopefully I am not up too late as it's going to be an early start on Saturday. This will be my first hundie of the year since I opted for the Cohutta 35 mile version this past April.

We are heading to Mulberry Gap this weekend, I can't wait! There's also a Cartecay Bikes group ride on Sunday. I sense a great weekend ahead.

edit: Check out this cool new website: BikeRumor.com

4 Comments:

Blogger allan said...

Sweet. Your racing. Just ignore that tow leash around your seatpost leading to my handlebars. ;-)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Hey Nam,
We're staying at Mulberry Gap this weekend too! There's a sorba staff retreat I have to go to and Jake has some trail to ride. I guess we'll see you there!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

Oh NO! 2 woman racing now....I was hoping to be 2nd "woman" this year...grhhhh Time for Neal to get serious ;)

Very cool you are racing!

Cheers,
Neal

PS I drove fast but didn't make it to McCrays till 10pm... sorry i missed you guys! :( :(

5:04 AM  
Blogger Neal said...

Are you riding SS?

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home