Tuesday, July 22, 2008

speaking too soon

Today was a recovery ride, so what better way to recover than with a beer ride? We rode from my parents house to the grocery store for some good ole' Michigan Beer. Besides seeing friends and family, Michigan Beer is the best thing about coming up here. The storm was rolling in from the Northwest as we were heading East. We picked up our 6-pack of Magic Hat (no Bells or Founders to be found at Kroger!) and started rolling home.





The darkest clouds had blown over quickly but we still had a tough headwind to fight on the way home. Not 5 seconds after Eddie said "See, I told you we'd get lucky...." did I feel a drop...followed by about a million more.



It poured on us and actually got very chilly. As soon as we pulled in the garage I heard the largest clap of thunder ever. Good timing, sort of!


If anyone has some mountain bike trail recommendations for Ontario, CN...we are driving from Detroit to Niagra Falls on Thursday. It looks like we will be driving through Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, and St Catharines so any advice would be appreciated...a fun trail with not too much climbing would be perfect.


Tomorrow we visit Ann Arbor! I love that place. Too bad it's not located in a warmer state.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Namrita, Sounds like you're going to be right through my hometown! I'm from Oakville which is the town next to Burlington.
I wasn't into biking when I lived there but Kelso Provincial Park is in the vicinity of the drive that you're doing and they've since added mountain bike trails. If you do some searches on Kelso or Glen Eden Provincial Parks you should be able to find some information.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

great, thanks lorna!

7:40 AM  
Blogger rick is! said...

err, Magic Hat is from Vermont!

I did the ride home thing with a sweet dubbel in my jersey pocket yesterday...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

oh yeah, magic hat is from VT. not a huge fan of it, though..maybe i just haven't had a good one yet.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home