Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the countdown

We are almost up to 300 people for the Fool's Gold this weekend. Crazy!! I have been working like mad this week trying to answer questions, special requests, and organize as much as possible before the line starts to form on Friday afternoon. I swear this is harder and more stressful than racing itself. There are even more details to pay attention to now that the race is part of the NUE.

I went to pick up the handmade trophies from Mallie today and she gave me a tour of the E Macon trail where the GASSSC race is going to be. Jason from Pivot Cycles is in town for the bike demos this weekend so I think we will try to drink beer with him tomorrow or Thursday. "The" George from Bike29.com is also coming in on Friday for the 29er gathering so I'm looking forward to drinking a beer with him, too. Other than that, the prizes are still rolling in, and we have a truckload of swag bags to put together between now and Friday.

I had orientation for my new job yesterday..I will be the nutritionist at Georgia State University for the semester. This means I get to work with the student athletes, as well as any student, faculty or staff. It will be a ton of work, but a great "resume builder" as they say. I'm actually looking forward to it...I don't even feel like a student anymore but I start class again on Monday so that will change quickly. The triathletes are also in full swing now so I am also very busy at the moment with them. Oh, and I have to be at another internship rotation at 8:30 am on Monday after the race/festival weekend!

phhheeew. Am I really racing this weekend??

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris, Brigette and Norah Dusack said...

You are racing? Whaaaattt? I have been teasing Chris for weeks about not doing Fool's Gold, I wish he would sign up! One of my friends, Emelie signed up yesterday and I am looking forward to hearing her race report. If you have the option, skip the race and hang out and have a good time, it's your gig! Good luck to everyone!

Brigette Dusack

7:33 PM  
Blogger allan said...

Holy Crap! You definitely have a full slate. The busier the better though. Have fun with it.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Watch out for Jason; he likes his beer! :^)
Sounds like a great job; congratulations.
Good luck this weekend!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Good luck at the race!!!! Wish I could be there :-(

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home