Sunday, October 19, 2008

great weekend, but we need a new camera


Eddie and I decided to celebrate our 2-year anniversary a few days early by going to ride Racoon Mountain in Chattanooga, TN. Wowee, it would be nice to live near these trails!! A move out of the ATL is definitely in order in the near future. In my opinion, our current location sucks for mountain biking. I go crazy reading blogs like this one and this one...Anyway, SORBA Chattanooga has done an incredible job with the 17 miles of trail they currently have at Raccoon Mtn. No wide, smooth dingo cut. Nope, hand cut trail with lots of rocks...just how I like it. I have some pics but for now you have to be my facebook friend to see them :)
We spent Saturday night at my favorite place, again. I will never get tired of being there....you're in the middle of incredible trails, roads, there is tons of good food, hot tubs, games, campfires, and more. Today we drank a lot of coffee, rode a little bit, and then went to visit Hodge in the hospital. He is doing better and will hopefully leave the hospital soon. He still has a lot of recovery in his future and will be very limited in what he can do for the time being. Thanks, again, to everyone that has donated to help out...the donation box is still open (scroll down one post).
This should be a great week...anniversary on Tuesday, birthday on Friday, and another weekend at Mulberry Gap next weekend (with the girls this time)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great way to spend your anniversary. Jeff and I try to MTB each year when ours rolls around.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Chris, Brigette and Norah Dusack said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great weekend for a celebration and for Mulberry Gap, I am glad I got to visit there last week and looking forward to going again soon!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home