Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mission: LBM

Lean Body Mass, that is! Now that I've had some down time I'm ready to go.

I've been working with a Personal Trainer but this week starts the true 12-week-training phase. Eddie and I did this on our own gym training last year but, unfortunately, I didn't keep up with any strength work so I lost it all once the season started :(

I'm still not doing anything structured on the bike, just having fun. Now I have a new fixie to figure out--that will provide some excitement in the meantime! This coming weekend is also the Halloween rides & party at Mulberry Gap. After that Cartecay Bikes will be putting on the weekly Chili Dawg rides which are 30+ miles of good ole' gravel road grinding followed by hot homemade chili...yum!

I started running yesterday, also. I'm starting small (i.e. 30 minutes) because normally I like to go from zero to 16 miles at Kennesaw Mountain (and then I don't run again for the rest of the year!). I'd like to keep it up this year so I have an option when it's too cold to ride. And, yes, I do think it gets too cold to ride in Georgia sometimes! :)

And, last but not least...I've worked out my "off-season" nutrition plan. It's more aggressive now that I'm done racing and not yet training long hours. I'm really excited about it! I've learned a ton of new stuff in the last 8 weeks from one of my classes this semester and looking forward to seeing how it works for me.

OK, it's time to go work on sponsorship, life, and....oh yeah....thesis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Talk about having lots of fun! I'm jealous :-)

BTW...the new bike is sweet!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your thinking about racing geared next season, the fixie will help refine your spin. I heard Eddie is doing some spin refinement stuff and I cant wait to get him to look at mine. So, Ive been without the cane fo rtwo days, and I think I will go to the park with the kids and try a longish walk. You and Eddie are gonna have quite a headstart on me.

Cheers and beers
Hodge

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home