Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's about that time again...

...I haven't raced since last September but, finally, I'll be joining the solo riders at the 12 Hours of Razorback this coming weekend. It should be fun, though it is hard to come up with realistic goals for a race when it is not yet race season for me. But it will be a good chance to practice new things for when race season hits. So, it will be a practice race :)

Other happenings...school is going very well. I got a 100% on my first Microbiology exam. I had my first Physiology exam yesterday, so hopefully the results are good!

I started using Recover-Ease a few weeks ago. From what I can tell so far, I've noticed that after a hard training ride my legs aren't as heavy (lead-like feeling) as I remember they have been in the past. I'm using it every day this week, and will be using it everyday after the race this weekend. I think I'll see some real results from the product after the hard 12 hours I'll be putting in on Saturday.

The Unit 2-9 is still not complete. The poor twins are still sitting in the Mango Bike Shop waiting for Avid brake line.

Brighter news, my DEAN Duke 29er is moving forward. There has been a lot of discussion on these particular frames. This is what mine will look like:


I think the design looks great and I can't wait to have it. I saw a Large Duke 29er in FL a couple weeks ago, and it was beautiful. John at DEAN has been great to work with, I'm sure the frame will turn out perfectly.

Happy Valentines Day!
Update on 12/Razorback to come next week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck this weekend Namrita! I hope you have a great time and I look forward to reading all about it next week. hmm, RecoverEase, I'm intrigued....

1:13 PM  
Blogger dicky said...

Frame looks good. As long as it gets the triple triangle treatment you won't get razzed on MTBR like that other guy. The best thing about Ti is you could have that bike the rest of your life.
I guess I will be seeing you at Cohutta. I emailed Eddie yesterday. I got a room if yinz want in.
Good luck going in circles at Razorback.

4:55 AM  
Blogger JB said...

Got to see a bunch of your team at Sebring. Good group of riders. Talked to Aimee for a bit. Whoever you all had in the 24 hour looked she was sprinting the entire last hour. Very impressive performance.

Looking forward to hearing about Razorback.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

TD- thanks. hopefully it arrives before the Pisgah Deat March...i'm optimistic. yeah, i think we both want in for the room on Cohutta weekend. I'm sure you two will talk...

4:50 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

JB- how did you do at Sebring? You are either talking about Julie Gaz or Jennifer Wills..I think those are the only 2 women that rode the 24. Razorback was a good race, I'll post an update.

4:51 AM  
Blogger JB said...

It was Julie. She was smokin' at the end.

I only started doing 24s a year ago so I'm new at the game. Got 2nd in my age group and 6 out of 41 in the RAAM division. Was very pleased. I'll get a report up soon.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home