Friday, June 23, 2006

We're all only human

...which is why I shouldn't be surprised that my hand is not better in 6 days time...at least not good enough to ride a mountain bike, especially for 12 hours. I tried to ride my road bike yesterday, and luckily I got rained out because it really did hurt my hand. So, I'm out of the Cowbell Challenge. I will have to make my SS race debut at the 24 hours of 9 mile in July. It would have been smart to race the SS for a 12 hour before attempting a 24 but oh well, such is life...but I hear the 24/9 course is perfect for 29ers and SSing. So there it is.

At least now Eddie will have support, otherwise we were both flying unsupported at the Cowbell. I'm bringing my two pups with me too, since one of them somehow ended up with a broken toe this week. Crazy German Shorthair #$%$%!!! Too bad I won't have a chance to fight for the prized Cowbell jersey. Hopefully Eddie can come home with one at least :)

Looks like I'm going to start running this weekend. I might look into another adventure race for sometime in August....12 hours or less. I'm not mentally into the 24+ team thing right now. That's why I like solo racing.

Off to Charlotte.........
P.S. The Great Divide Race starts today! There is supposed to be updates at www.mtbcast.com and http://tourdivide.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

What is the best way to contact you? Email?

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home