Monday, September 25, 2006

While everyone is at Interbike....

I'm not. Boo.

I'm trying to enjoy my in-between-season break...it doesn't seem like I deserve one since I didn't race much this year. But then again, it's not really much of a break either, I have been so busy with school. I did run today, for the first time since March. As much as I didn't want to admit it to myself--I just can't ride as much anymore with my schedule, so I'm mixing in running. I took the dogs off-road on some local semi-technical trail and we actually had a grand ole' time. What's funny is that I was actually faster today (without working as hard) than I used to be when I was "training" to run earlier in the year.

Even though I'm not racing, I'm really looking forward to the 24 hour race at Conyers this October. There is going to be some serious heat in the womens solo category!! It will be fun to spectate, drink beer, and cruise around. For once, I am not racing OR supporting, so it'll be fun.

I can't wait to see Interbike pics. Especially 29er stuff. When oh when will Fox make a 29er fork. My Fox is the only thing I miss of my 26" bike. Oh well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Boo hoo, we miss you!

I saw Eddie today and we were talking about how you and I need to take yoga classes. Too bad that we live in different states :-(

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you both read my post after my one attempt at Yoga? Might make you change your minds. I'm sticking with Pilates!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

no i'll have to read it!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Arleigh Jenkins said...

have you tried a maverick 29er fork?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

hey arleigh, no i haven't...but i'm not happy with the Reba either. that's an idea...do you have it on your bike? i don't know anyone that uses it, but i'd like to try it out.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home