Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mid Summer Vacation

What a week!!! This has been the best vacation ever, and I haven't even left home. I can't remember ever having such a fun week...Now that 24/9 mile is over I finally started riding in the mountains again, my favorite thing to do. I got to ride with new people every day, and after 6 days of riding (3 days in the mountains) this week, I feel excellent. I have been paranoid about bonking so I've been loading up on Recover-Ease and Energ-Ease, plus lots of food and water everyday to make sure I have enough energy. After a really bad race and a couple of not-so-great weeks following it, this week was important for me to have some time to myself and to discover again why I love to ride bikes. Racing is not even on the brain right now (well, at least it's not in the forefront of my mind). One more week off, then it's back to school.

In the words of Brandon Woods, "Have I told you how much I love my 29er?"

Here are some ride photos, courtesy of "mama", aka "chocolategirl" - thanks L!

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home