Tuesday, June 17, 2008

pre-race report

I don't have a race report, but it looks like I do have a pre-race report and I didn't even have to write it! At least someone can make me laugh about the experience :)

I forgot to say THANK YOU to Mary Musto (Danielle's mom) for picking me up Thursday and driving us to the emergency clinic. She was awesome and I could tell she was not phased by taking care of emergency crash injuries, haha.

It took us 14 hours to get home yesterday..it was awful! We hit bad traffic and detours in every state including MI, OH, KY, TN, and GA. And, to make matters worse, we got a flat tire 45 miles from home so had to stop, unload all the bikes, gear, and dogs, and call AAA. Finally pulled in around 1:30 am. It's a wonder I could even fall asleep after all the caffeine taken in over the last 24 hours.

14 hours in the car was A LOT of time to think, though. I came up with some exciting ideas...some work related, and some race related. Eddie thinks I'm crazy but he always does, anyway :)

BTW, the Tour Divide and GDR are on! I'm having fun following Mary Collier, this year's only female tour rider..she is out to set the female course record. She's awesome! Fellow Vassago teammate Fixie Dave Nice is also out there, good luck Dave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home