Disc Burner, the Good and the Bad
First, the good:
1. Great course, pretty fast with a few surprising technical bits. Lots of tight and twisty!
2. Great organizers, volunteers, prizes, and event (Thanks!)
3. No mechanicals (yeah!)
4. Eddie maintained overall race leader for awhile, even though he missed the Lemans start, haha
5. I maintained overall race leader for about 10 minutes until Andy Applegate caught me, that was a first!
6. 55nine Performance clients and Wobble-naughters took many of the top spots: Carey Lowery in 6 hour solo, Andy Applegate in 6 hour solo, Susan Williams in 12 hour solo, and Eddie and I in 12 hour Duo
7. We won (and got 3rd overall of all the 4-person teams)
8. We won a gift certificate that got me a new pair of Sidi road shoes!!! :)
9. Hot-weather nutrition strategy was (dare I say it) perfect!
1. I think my knee tendonitis is back. I was only able to do 6 laps before I could barely pedal without risking being out for another week. I guess I was a little overly ambitious with the out of the saddle hammering. GRRRRR. Gotta get better for Lumberjack 100, though!
Overall, it was a great time!