Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I am a lucky girl

I feel like I have been taking some things for granted lately, and focusing on the negative sometimes...it's easy to do when things are really busy and not always going my way. So, I did some thinking on my ride tonight and came up with the fact that life is good.

Grad school looks promising for this Fall. I have to step on it and take the GRE next week, despite of the lack of studying I've been doing for it. And, I have to write an essay and submit my application all in the next week, also. My goal is to get my Masters in Sports Nutrition from Georgia State University.

The last of our Wobble-Naught equipment should be arriving this week and then I can set up my road bike and my SS. Soon after that, we can start getting to the long line of people that are waiting for us to get their fits done. Exciting stuff!!

This weekend is a long holiday weekend. We won't be able to make it to Pisgah, but we will be spending the weekend in Dahlonega riding bikes and hanging out at this cool joint. If you're ever in Dahlonega, definitely check it out. Cool atmosphere, great food, and excellent beer. Right in the heart of Dahlonega. It also happens to be the location of our rehearsal dinner before the wedding.

Speaking of, another reason life is good....this is the guy I get to marry. Why wouldn't I be happy? Love is grand.




Our friend Andrew Kornylak took this picture. He also shoots at several mountain bike races and has done some really really impressive stuff. If you have a minute, definitely check out his site. We are fortunate to have him be the official photographer of the O'Dea/Kumar wedding too. Sweet!

So, training for 9 mile started yesterday. I have three weeks to get it done, I can do it. The goal has been set, and it is approaching quickly! It feels good to really focus on something...especially with how inconsistent this year has been for me with training and racing. I need to decide whether I enter the Womens Solo cat or the Singlespeed cat...but then I have to compete with boys..hmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

9 Mile is a singlespeeders dream course. It's also very 29er friendly!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

yup, so i hear. i will be on it either way, just need to pick a category to race it in. see you up there!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home