Thursday, November 08, 2007

mission: get HUGE

As far as I'm concerned, this is a great week to take off the bike! It's cold as hell outside! Well, in the morning and evening, at least...I am one of those that loves summer in Georgia...so this is cold to me.

I'm starting to work with a Dietitian, yes I could do it all myself, but realistically..I won't make time for a plan if it's for me, and it is nice to be accountable to someone other than myself, too. She's actually one of my peers in Grad school and will be helping me to reach my goals safely and effectively...and it's free! So, why not.

My goals? To get HUGE! Just kidding. My muscular structure does not lend itself to bulking up..I have long lean muscles..they are just pretty small. So, I'm focusing on strength building on and off the bike for the first time (usually I just do it on the bike). My goal is to drop more body fat and increase lean body mass by my first 24 hour in April 2008. It takes a lot of focus, and it's kind of tedious to record everything I put into my mouth for three days..but that's the only way to do it. I already eat pretty well, but there is always room for improvement. This is going to be the key..I know it! I still have some work to do on the mental side, but my coach is pretty good at helping me with that side of it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

I would love to hear what you eat now on a regular basis and the basis of your new plan as you get started. As someone who is trying to make the switch from eating mediocre to eating to live and perform better! I would love for you to drop some knowledge! I hope that you enjoy your "rest" period!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

So is McCrays still on the menu?

I find a good stout is great for bulking up :)

Seriously, good for you for having the focus to take it to the next level!

Cheers,
Neal

5:34 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

Neal,

Oh yeah, can't say no to McCrays. We were there two nights ago and sat at "our table" :)

There's a LHS waiting for you!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

Lucas,

I am not too strict with anything, because I think of it as just healthy choices..not dieting. In general, I eat mostly whole grains and soy...some lean meats, some fish, and I don't eat out a lot. I really have to focus on getting enough fruits & veggies..that's my real problem.

The part I'm working on is making sure I'm getting enough of what I need, not too much or too little..and fine tuning it with my training schedule.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Thanks for the reply! Getting enough of the fruits and veggies is always the killer!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Reenie said...

You can have some of my bulk. Really, I don't need it! I think about lifting weights and I get bigger. I think I just got bigger by writing about it... must stop now.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home