Thursday, June 19, 2008

butt=kicked and feeling good about it

3 hour road ride today with long tempo effort..nailed it, i was happy. i even had more to spend on the way home. only got buzzed by cars twice in 14 miles. with gas so pricey and the trails 45 min+ away, plus the recent anti-dog-friendly activity in my neighborhood..i'm seriously considering moving out of atlanta.

but i digress...it's been since march since i've done a focused training ride like that but i've recruited my coach back into action and he's going to bring me back to where i want to be. i sort of got "lost" among all the recovery between racing two 24 solos and directing one 24 hour race.

the Tour Divide race is looking really really tempting!!! The area they are riding through is so beautiful I would love to do something like that. I thought the racers camped every night but Eddie says you can stay in hostels/hotels, whatever, and actually get a decent meal and a beer fairly often. If this is true, maybe I will actually consider doing it for real. I suggested to Eddie that he and I race it together on a tandem, that way he couldn't leave me for the bears and mountain lions..it seems like he is actually taking me seriously..??!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Moving and change seem to be a recurring theme around the blog sphere!
Glad to hear you have "recovered" from your Michigan Smackdown. The Tour Divide sounds like a great event; anything that combines scenery, cycling and beer is a-okay in my book! :^)

8:18 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

You two on the Tour Divide would be awesome....

6:38 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

You should definitely move out of Atlanta...right now!

There's a house for sale on our street!!!! Just think, in the winter you and I can start a winter ski team :-)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Jill Homer said...

You should definitely do the Tour Divide!

You can stay in hotels, but sometimes it's hard to time it. You do have to plan on camping at least part of the time.

I'm always excited about the growing number of women doing ultraendurance mountain biking.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

jill, yeah i understand that. i don't mind camping..i just wouldn't want to do it every night for 10 days straight. i've done it before but the older i get, the more i like comforts like a bed and a beer :) ok, i know i'm not that old..but still. i know you know a lot about this stuff, so i may be emailing you ;)

danielle, does that mean we could ride at egypt valley all the time?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home