Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"S"lacker with a capital S

I didn't ride today. Not even for a few minutes. Actually, my legs are pretty fried from Monday's road effort. That, and long work hours with less than optimal sleep patterns is pretty tiring, it definitely takes a toll on training and recovery. I guess it's a good thing I have two semesters of school left (I'm dragging it out as long as possible, I guess) because it's a lot easier to train when you don't have to work all day. Duh, that's obvious. Tomorrow is my last day working at the hospital, though!!! Does anyone want to join me for a celebratory ride on Friday?? Maybe with an ice cream stop?

Something funny happened this morning..well, it was funny after the fact. My dog Jackson (aka Hot Breath Harry, if you remember him from this post) likes to tuck himself in when he's sleeping. He'd rather sleep on hard ground and be covered up with a blanket than sleep on a fluffy bed. Anyway, he actually tunneled his way INto an old duvet cover of mine so he was in between the two sides and completely trapped this morning. I let him try to figure it out for a few minutes, but then I had to go upstairs to see what the problem was as it sounded like he was flailing around the room. It was kind of funny to watch for a few seconds until he really started panicking..then I started panicking and I could not find the opening for the life of me. I finally found a little hole in the fabric and ripped the thing apart. He was so scared, then so relieved. Then, he proceeded to jump all over me and shower me in kisses..which he rarely does. He did this for the next several minutes while following me around. It was so cute. Then, I realized I had just missed a really good funny video opportunity..oh well. Oh, and the other funny thing...Eddie slept through this whole ordeal which took place 5 feet from him...yeah, he sleeps like a rock, literally.

6 Comments:

Blogger MCF said...

I'd love to do a celebratory ride with you! Congrats....

Next time get the video and you have to show Eddie sleeping through the whole ordeal! I only wish I could sleep that sound!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

i know! i'm up at 6:15 while he's getting his beauty sleep until who knows when......

7:35 PM  
Blogger Margaret G said...

Sounds just like my pup Cashus - as long as he is warm he will sleep anywhere!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd be all over an ice cream ride if it didn't involve one of us commuting 90 miles to make it happen.

I've had the "S" bug these last two days. I took my off days a little too "off".

4:55 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

I would love to do a celebratory ride with you too!!!

BTW...you would love this weather we are having. Yesterday it was near 90, and today will be more of the same. I can barely breathe!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

yay! hope it stays for nationals. when i said i wanted HEAT at 24/Vail Lake we sure got it..98* worth.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home