Thursday, July 17, 2008

public service announcement

Don't ever eat a cookie from Panera. I ate a whole one today, in addition to a 1/2 turkey sandwich..and made the mistake of looking up the nutritional info after the fact. Let's just say I could have eaten a burger, fries and a milkshake for the amount of fat in the cookie. Not worth it!!

I did ride today, though, on the road. Should I admit that I got passed by a t-shirt on a mountain bike? Well, I did. But, then I grabbed his wheel and wouldn't let him go, even though I had to sneak out of level 2 for a minute or so. It feels pretty lame to be drafting a mountain biker while you're on a road bike! But, I had to keep my heartrate low..no, really!

Tomorrow is my day off. Hopefully some bike fitting on all my bikes, a good ride, and I really want to check this place out.

11 Comments:

Blogger allan said...

A friend of mine is a baker for the Panera here. I haven't eaten a desert there since he told me everything that went in them. From personal knowledge I'd recomend staying away from Bonefish deserts also. ;-)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've heard great things about lottafruitta but haven't made it there yet. I'm quite certain the nutritional value won't leave you with regrets like the Panera cookie.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Starbucks is the same way, but I have to say NOTHING tastes better than a S'bucks chocolate chip cookie and a grande soy 2-pump mocha after a 4-hour ride in 30-degree weather!

One of the greatest Tour de France riders ever used to ride bike paths on his off days, journalists would describe old ladies with baskets passing him! That's what "easy" is all about!

7:54 AM  
Blogger jumbly said...

On a non-cookie related note, what sunnies are you wearing in your latest blog header photo. They are lush and I may have to try and find myself a pair!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

jumbly: they are the Tifosi Dolomite.. linky: http://tifosioptics.com/interchangeable/dolomite.html

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Forget the cookie at Panera..go for the cinnamon crunch bagel instead..probably twice the calories of the cookie, but YUMMY!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Wicki said...

I was getting ready to give you s%#@* about counting fat grams when I remembered you are getting your masters in nutrition. How dumb would I have felt??
p.s.- I understand the riding slow thing- it is WAY harder than riding fast!!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

Lisa, I checked out the bagel..it looks YUMMY. And, you'll be happy to know that my cookie had 3 TIMES the amount of fat as the bagel. I still can't believe it!

Wicki, I usually don't look up everything I eat..if I did then Taco Bell wouldn't be my favorite place to eat :) But, I was just curious this time..I guess I will just stop looking, it's better not to know sometimes!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Karlos said...

sounds like my kind of place. please share your experience with us when you go.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Tomi said...

ignorance is bliss.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Backyard Homesteader said...

Haha - thx for the tip!

John Briner

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home