Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nothing to see here!

No really, nothing to see. It's been slow around here, it's been cold, and I haven't felt like bringing along the camera. To be honest, I've been sort of grumpy. School and work are taking most of my time. Training hours have been hard to get and I'm barely getting them. I've been trading in some of my long rides for indoor intervals. I did apply for a job in So Cal this week. I'm not sure what will happen but, hey, if I get it....life will get a whole lot more interesting!

We're going to Mulberry Gap for the long weekend, I'm excited..it's been awhile since we've been up there and we also need to set the CX course for the Southern X event coming up! Prizes have been rolling in from Tifosi, Crankbrothers, BikeCX, Raxter, Bear Creek Bikes, Sudstress, Gear Revival...and more. Swiftwick and Yazoo will also be there...

Also, don't forget about the Endurance Racing Klinik at Bear Creek Bikes in Dalton, GA on Jan. 22!

BTW, I was looking at registration for Sea Otter this week. How lame is it that Cat 1 women only get to do one 19 mile lap?? Cat 1 men do 2x19 miles and Pro women do 2x19 miles! For me, it's almost not even worth paying $52 to race 19 miles...AND, I didn't see a marathon race??

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

There is no marathon -- the course is deceptively simple (a lot of fireroad), and takes forever to get around. I think men's winning times are in the 2:30+ range, already getting to be a marathon!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Pedal Circles said...

As a current Cat1, I think it'd be tough to do two 19-mile laps out there as a XC race (marathon not so much, but for XC 40 miles is long). It is kinda short at ~ 1:30 for a XC race, though.

But, it's the "biggest" race all year. In sport last year I had 25 women in my category. That's unheard of at any other XC race.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

19 miles? WEAK! That's pretty short. What's up with the super short XC races nowadays. XC should be like 25-30 miles. It's a fun event to go to, and honestly the course is not my favorite(not enough singletrack)... but it's the Sea Otter experience you go for. It's like a city!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

agreed. 38-40 miles would be perfect for me. it takes me 19 miles to warm up :-)

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home