Sunday, November 25, 2007

Inked

If you already read Danielle's blog, you already know....

But we finally followed through on our plans to tattoo ourselves together this past weekend! Yes, we had been planning on it since last July. We both had our designs picked out and wanted to get it done in Grand Rapids, MI. However, I only make it there a couple times a year, so Thanksgiving weekend was a good time to do it. It's funny, we both originally (and separately) picked out the same design...but not that surprising since we both show up at races dressed alike all the time :) Then, I found another design I liked from the Jen Green website and my graphic designer neighbor Edward changed it up a bit for me.

We had a big night planned and it lived up to it. We had a great time...and the Marks (Hendershot and Hekman) even showed up. Here's some pix...sorry most are duplicates from Danielle's...but we didn't bring our camera.

It looks like I'm smiling...but really I'm in a bit of pain here. I'm surprised I didn't crush my Starbucks coffee cup!


Sweating a bit here...BTW...venti coffee is not such a great idea when getting tattooed...especially after starving for 4 hours!!





The finished product...thanks to Joe at Mos Eisleys.


At this point I was really ready for a few pints of Founders Ale, but Danielle was up next :) I'm awaiting pictures of her final product. Her design was from the Twin Six Fly T...which will also be my next one..whenever that is!



Eddie and Scott decided to get a head start on the beers, and this is what they looked like when we finally arrived! :)



Here's Eddie and I at Founders Brewery. That's the Freedom T...one of my new favorites...


And, of course Danielle and I showing off our Ts after a few beers



Half of the crowd...me, Juli, Danielle, Blair, Rich, Hekman



Don't ask...Danielle likes to sleep in swim goggles...pink ones too!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OH SnAP!!! That tat is badass!!!

Eddie got one two? Or did I miss read that?

Later
Hodge

8:06 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

no tat for Eddie. maybe next time ;)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

So disappointed that you didn't put up the pink goggle pic :-)

I had a lot of fun...minus the couple hours of pain! Are you sure that you and Eddie don't want to move up here? Come on...today it's 30 degrees with rain/snow on the way. Your missing out.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Mark D. said...

sweet !!! that guy did an awesome job.

12:53 PM  
Blogger cathi said...

awesome!! i love it!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home