Tuesday, November 11, 2008

cross training

I am mixing in a lot more cross training this season with my 2009 base building. It's kind of demoralizing to always feel sore, though. Between strength training, running, base miles, and riding the new fixie to school my legs feel like blocks of lead every day. I'm hoping this will translate into something good when I finally taper off the gym workouts and add big hours on the bike. This will happen in about four weeks when we head to Florida for a repeat of the winter training that we did last year. Except, the plan is to be a lot fitter this time around!

Otherwise, I'm trying to get a lot of work done on my thesis before Dec. 31 as next Spring is going to be quite busy with training and racing. I am strongly considering doing two of the three Snake Creek Gap TTs for some early season tuning...then probably the Ouachita Challenge.

BTW, thanks to everyone for the "congrats" on the new team. For the other few out there leaving mean "anonymous" comments: No, we're not Dave Wiens or Pua Sawicki but we obviously love this sport and do our best to help grow and support it in every way we know how. To those out there that fail to see that, you obviously don't know me or Eddie. Really, though, I'm not going to listen to anyone that is too scared to sign his name by a statement that does nothing but put someone down.

OK, that is all. Have a nice day!

late edit: We are already 1/2 full for the Southern Cross race! We have 25 people signed up and a good, competitive field already. There is only 25 spaces left...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yea! I'm stoked that you guys are coming to AR for the OC. Let me know if you need host housing. Stay a few extra days to enjoy the rest of our awesome singletrack 'cause the OC just touches on it- Tour guides available.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Namrita O'Dea said...

Sarah, thanks! That would be awesome...how can I get in touch with you?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Wow 25 already? Kicking around the idea of coming down for this one. Have an e mail into mulberry gap about a cabin. Might be a nice trip to escape the PA winter. GA winter can't be as bad. At least I hope not!! :)

j

ps. congrats on the new team! glad it all worked out after last season sponsor pull out.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yeah, looking forward to Southern Cross. How could I resist signing up for a race that includes the sentence "No one really knows" in the race description?!

11:52 AM  
Blogger TequilaRose said...

You guys will love the Ouachita Challege. We'll be out there for the ride on saturday and will cheer you on for the race. Let us know if you want to caravan out.

5:21 AM  
Blogger allan said...

Screw the jealous, petty anonymous folks. You guys deserve everything yall get.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home